Blackstar Amplification
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Playing Through Head Phones w/ HT-60

2 posters

Go down

Playing Through Head Phones w/ HT-60 Empty Playing Through Head Phones w/ HT-60

Post by Alfonse Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:25 pm

One might ask why would anyone ever want to do this? I read somewhere that you could play through headphones by connecting them into speaker emulated output. I tried this and I only could hear the guitar if I unplugged the speaker jack completely. The instructions, say that you can record through this output, but you must place the amp on standby or you can place it on stanby and disconnect the speaker input.

Well, having not re-read the instructions. I played for less than five minutes with the speakers disconected, but with the power and standby switch both on. My question is could playing with the standby switch cause damage to the amplifier or transformers? Like I said, this was done less than five minutes, and I heard the signal through the headphones. I smelled no burning, and the amp seems to play fine.

I'm intersted in knowing if I may have damaged something. I know you should never play a tube amp with no load (Now).

Al

Alfonse

Back to top Go down

Playing Through Head Phones w/ HT-60 Empty Re: Playing Through Head Phones w/ HT-60

Post by MusashiChan Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Don't know if something special can make you play with the speakers disconnected without making damages to the output transformer....on a tube amp, it's normally impossible, so be carefull !
If you found the answer...
MusashiChan
MusashiChan
Admin

http://musashichan.com/

Back to top Go down